Looking to write a new blog post but experiencing some writer’s block?
Coming up with new blog post ideas and topics can be time-consuming and daunting.
What’s even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea – one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
This post provides you with creative blog post ideas to help spark some ideas for your next article.
Additionally, we provide you with proven tips and strategies on how to find the right blog post topic for your sports blogger.
How To Guide Blog Post Ideas For Your Sports Blogger
- How to choose the right sport for you based on characteristics
- How to practice work-life balance as an athlete
- How to never miss a game
- How to use weights safely – or other equipment
- How to choose a coach in individual sports
- How players train to prepare before matches
- 5 steps to exercise properly at home
- How football became a popular sport
- How athletes keep fit
- How to know the rules of a sport
- How to find out the best sports news apps
- How to find out match results
- How to get the most from the sport you do
- How to motivate yourself to train daily
- How to start meal planning as an athlete
- How sports helps mental health
- How sports saved my life
- How to differentiate between water sports
- How do sport rules differ from one country to another
- How to create federations organized for a sport
- How to know the first step to start a sport
- How players’ agents work
- How to promote a player
- How you can make practice fun for your teammates
- How to recruit a personal coach for you
- How being an athlete make you a better person
- How does athletics make you a better student or worker
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher’s query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List Blog Post Ideas For Your Sports Blogger
- 10 Best trainers for football
- 10 great squash courts in the world
- 50 health benefits of sports
- 50 motivational quotes from leading athletes professionals
- 10 sportive training mistake
- Top 10 protein supplements for athletes
- 50 healthy meals for athletes
- 10 top sports to play worldwide
- 10 reviews of sports clothing brand
- 5 best cardio equipment to exercise at home
- 5 best rowing machines
- 5 gym workouts to try as a beginner
- Top 10 heavyweight sports
- 10 workout exercises during pregnancy for athletes to stay fit
- Top 10 women’s world champions in different sports
- Top 10 team sports
- Top 10 sports games for kids
- Top 10 Olympic Games
- Top 10 sports bloggers
- Top 10 sites for player deals in different sports
- Top 10 Aquatic Sports (Ocean Sports, Water Sports)
- Top 10 Action Sports (also called Adventure or Extreme Sports)
- Top 10 Leisure Sports
- Top 10 Spectator Sports bloggers (Tennis, Cricket, Grand Prix)
- Top 10 Strange and Bizarre Sports
- Top 10 Specialized Sports Bloggers (like Archery, Equestrian Sports, Chess, and Snooker)
- Top 10 best races in the world
- Top 10 athletes in mountain sports and climbing
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A’s
Other Blog Post Ideas For Your Sports Blogger
- Sports Influencers Interview
- Create report posts on weekly sporting events
- Create posts about previous similar math problem-solving experiences
- Posts about what is happening around you in different sports around the world
- Search various sports sites for new sports of interest to readers
- Writing posts about sports questions that followers are looking for answers to
- Some sports reviews about daily sporting events
- Some sports comparisons for the weekly sporting events
- Create an Infographic Blog Post
- Create blog posts about the importance of sports
- Create player contracts reports
- Sports analysis of matches for teams and rival teams
- Create a contest or gift for sports followers
- Writing in-depth articles about successful cases of players and their success conditions
- Player prices and expected exchange deals
- Arranging meetings with athletes Blogger
- Ask your readers what they want to know about their favourite sport
- Create Quiz for Sports Events every weekend
- Publications about books and films that discuss sports topics
- Allow your followers to share articles to your blog
- Post athletes blog events and income reports
- Create list-based articles targeting different groups of people with special needs and their participation in sports
- Share your opinion about any sporting accident that is going on
- Share inspiring stories of athletes
- Create a series of affiliated functions for different sports that can be worked on
- Turn your sports event video into a blog post
- Predict the direction of events and the matches’ result
- Collection of funny memes that are very popular on social media
- Listen to podcasts and create a post about the main points raised
- Reports about the fun, build muscles, Slimming, and relaxation sports
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.