Sony has revealed My PlayStation. It’s a site or ‘social destination’ as the company describes it, that lets you access key PlayStation Network (PSN) features from a web browser on your smartphone, tablet, Windows PC, or Mac.
While Sony has an app to let you access PSN on the go and another to let you message your friends on PSN, My PlayStation appears to be yet another way to interact with PSN on a wider variety of devices over and above the PS4, PS3, and PS Vita.
My PlayStation PSN features
Through My PlayStation you can do the following things on PSN.
- Find Friends
- Edit your PSN Profile
- View you and your Friends’ Trophies
- Send and manage Friend requests
- Send Messages
How to use My PlayStation
Sony has outlined three ways you can access My PlayStation:
- Click on the My PlayStation link in the navigation bar at the top right of playstation.com
- Sign In to playstation.com, click on your profile image in the navigation bar, and click on your name in the dropdown menu
- Go directly to My PlayStation by visiting my.playstation.com
According to Sony, My PlayStation works with most major web browsers on Windows 10, MacOS 10, iOS 10 or above, Android 5 or above. What’s more is, it claims that more features are on the way for My PlayStation too. Could this could mean the end of the PS Messages and PlayStation apps for Android and iOS? We sure hope not.