Andriod 10 is out. After months of anticipation, Google has finally rolled out the next iteration of its mobile operating system – Android 10. At present, Android 10 is available for download on select smartphones. This includes all eight Google Pixel smartphones — Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL – and Andy Rubin’s Essential smartphones. In addition to that, Android 10 update is also available the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro smartphones launched by the Chinese smartphone maker earlier this year.
However, the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro smartphones have received the beta build of Android 10, which means it will take the company some time to officially roll out a stable version of Google’s latest mobile operating system on their smartphones. This leaves Pixel phones and Essential smartphones as the only devices in the market that are getting a stable version of Android 10 operating system.
On Pixel smartphones, or more specifically Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL smartphones that we tested, Android 10 is available as a 1188.8MB update. If you own any of the Pixel smartphones, chances are that you will get a 1.2GB heavy update that will upgrade your device running on Android 9 to Android 10. However, if you are not seeing Android 10 update on your Pixel phone yet, check if you have installed the last Android Pie update on your smartphone as your Pixel phone will show you an Android 10 update only when your phone has installed the most recent Android 9.0 Pie update.
Once you have sorted all your old affairs, here is how you can install Android 10 on your Pixel smartphone:
1. Open Settings app in your Google Pixel smartphone.
2. Now scroll down and tap on System option.
3. In System menu tap on Advanced option.
4. The Advanced option will expand to show you three menu settings.
5. Look for System Update and see if it is showing “update available”.
6. If it is showing Update Available it means that you have received the Android 10 update.
7. Tap on System Update option.
8. Now your Pixel smartphone will look for updates and automatically download and install them on your smartphone.
9. After you have successfully installed Android 10 on your Google Pixel smartphone, you will be asked to restart your phone.
10. Restart your Pixel phone and enjoy using Andriod 10.