Instagram is arguably one of the most popular photo-sharing app in the world. Today it is not only used for sharing memories in the form of images and videos but it is also used for dispensing news and shopping. The app is full of photos — some we like, some we hate, some we laugh at and some we want to save. But Instagram comes with a fundamental limitation – you cannot save images (or videos) from Instagram natively.
While the Facebook-owned social messaging app does offer its users a functionality to bookmark posts (remember the ribbon icon that you see under every Instagram post?), there is no way to simply right-click and save an image. But thankfully there are some tricks you can use to save images from the photo sharing app.
Here’s how you can save images on your smartphone:
– Tap on the Profile icon in the app.
– Now tap on the hamburger menu on the top right corner of the app.
– Tap on Settings option on the bottom right corner of the app.
– Now tap on Account option.
– In the menu bar that opens next, iOS users tap on Original Photos option and Android users tap on Original Posts option.
– Now toggle the button and you are good to go.
Doing so would ensure that all the original posts that you share from your Instagram account are saved on your smartphone by default.
You can also save images using the web version of the app. But the catch is that you might have to deal with some coding. If you don’t mind doing that then here’s a trick using which you can download images using your web browser:
– Open Instagram in the web browser of your desktop or laptop.
– Now open the image that you want to save.
– Tap on the three dots on the top left corner of the image.
– Next click on Go to Post option.
– Right click and tap on View Page Source option.
– Now press on Command+F and type ‘.jpg’ in the search bar.
– Now go to the first ‘.jpg’ sign that this highlighted in the code.
– Copy the code starting from ‘https://instagram.’ to ‘.jpg’ and paste in a new tab.
– Now, right click on the image and click on Save As option to save it on your computer.