WhatsApp is no less than a lifeline today. It is impossible to go even a day without it. The chat app has inconspicuously become an indispensible part of our lives and it wouldn’t be wrong to say that it is the most preferred platform today when we think of chatting or exchanging quick messages with someone. This explains why the chat app has more than 1.5 billion monthly active users today.
But like every other apps there are some limitations with WhatsApp also. The app runs on one phone number and only one account can be used on one phone. The chat app asks for your phone number to sign up and you will be able to use only that phone number to run your WhatsApp.
So what if you want to run two WhatsApp accounts on one phone. Is it possible? Yes, it is but only if you are an Android user. iPhone users do not have this feature.
Many Android phones come with a feature called Clone app or App twin. Most of the phones, especially Chinese phones, come with this feature. You will require this feature to run two WhatsApp accounts on one phone. Also, your phone should have dual SIMs.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to run two WhatsApp accounts using the Clone app or App twin:
1. Install WhatsApp from Play Store.
2. Go to phone’s Settings.
3. Look for Dual App/App Twin/Clone app and tap on it.
4. You will see a list of apps that support this feature. Turn the toggle on for WhatsApp.
5. Now to set up the second WhatsApp, start the second WhatsApp.
6.Tap on Agree and Continue and allow WhatsApp to access your files and contacts.
7. Now the app will ask for your phone number, remember to give your second phone number. This will allows you to run two WhatsApp accounts with different phone numbers on one phone.
For phones that do not have App cloning feature, there are third party-apps which can be downloaded from Play Store and used for twinning the app.