News Update

Vegan who refused COVID vaccine in stand against animal testing died of virus after begging for jab

 Glynn Steel, from Malvern, when first in intensive care at Worcestershire Royal Hospital with covid. See SWNS story SWBRvaccine; A dedicated animal lover who had refused to take the COVID-19 vaccination in a stand against animal testing has died from the virus after a two week battle in intensive care. Glynn Steel, 54, from Malvern died in hospital on November 16th after having begged nurses for the vaccination, unfortunately too late. Glynn, who was a field service engineer passed away just two months before his 55th birthday, leaving his heartbroken wife Emma grieving and 'constantly in tears'. Intending to retire on his birthday, Glynn had hoped to spend more time travelling and looking after animals - as was his passion.

A vegan who refused a COVID jab in a stand against animal testing has died from the virus.

Glynn Steel, 54, died on 16 November after a two-week battle in intensive care, during which he is said to have begged nurses for a vaccination.

According to his wife Emma, his last words were: “I have never felt so ill, I wish I’d had the vaccine.”

She is now calling on people to take up the vaccine, saying she has been left facing “an empty future alone”.

News of his death comes as Prime Minister Boris Johnson urged people to get jabbed so the country is in a strong position for Christmas amid growing fears over the new Omicron variant.

Steel, 54, from Malvern, Worcestershire, refused the COVID vaccine in a stand against animal testing, his wife said. (SWNS)

Steel’s widow said her husband, who was two months away from his 55th birthday, when he planned to retire and spend more time travelling and looking after animals, had refused the vaccine after reading it had been tested on animals.

The 50-year-old, who is double-jabbed, said: “I insist to everyone I know to get the vaccine.

“The last thing Glynn said to me was ‘I have never felt so ill, I wish that I had had the vaccine’. It was heart wrenching.

“He begged for the vaccine when he was in intensive care before he went on life support but they said that it was too late.

“He was a very gentle soul, he was a vegan and didn’t want the Covid vaccine because it was tested on animals.”

Steel's wife said his last words were that he wished he had been vaccinated. (SWNS)

Steel, from Malvern, Worcestershire, tested positive for coronavirus on 27 October after symptoms of a cold gradually got worse.

His condition deterioriated rapidly, prompting his wife to call an ambulance on 2 November.

But with none available, she took her unconscious husband to Worcestershire Royal Hospital where she said there were 12 ambulances queuing outside when she arrived.


What's your reaction?